The semi-rotary offset has a series of automations and improvements that make it, in many cases, the most productive and profitable printing system. The automation and improvements that weâ€™ve been able to observe in these last years are the following:
- Automatic Inkcups with CIP3: The ink cups are controlled from the digital panel of the machine and can be saved for later playback.
- Automatic cleaning of the roller batteries: In a few minutes you can make a colour change without operator effort.
- Automatic registration recommended for working with plastic materials.
- Refrigerated rollers to keep the inks at the same temperature regardless of the environment.
- UV LED drying, tested with offset inks.
- Cleaning of the plate when the material is stationary, which saves many meters of material.
- The simple pre-press of offset and the current CTPs allow starting the production within 15 minutes of receiving the file.
Inkjet and Offset technologies are not alternative products since the result of printing with one system or the other is very different, especially if the substrates are laid papers. On the other hand, between the equipment that prints with electro-photography and Semi-Rotary Offset there is a dilemma when it comes to investing, even though in reality the convergence area is not very large in most jobs.
The reasons why electrophotography has such a short suitability zone are mainly economic, even though there are also more limitations in digital technologies at the application level today. Economic reasons to bet on Offset Semi-rotary:
- The initial investment is half that of electrography systems, which means that the cost of machine time also translates into more economy.
- The normal working speed is higher in Offset.
- Semi-rotary offset does not require a high level of periodic maintenance or factory support.
- In a job run, the cost of ink consumption in offset printing is minimal compared to the cost per click.
- In an offset printer with the above-mentioned automatisms, the level of loss in the adjustment of saved jobs is very low, between 40 and 50 meters.
- The job change time can be less than 5 minutes.
- The downtime for maintenance or calibration in a semi-rotary offset is practically 0.
- There is no need for offline die-cutting because of the low speed of the job allows it. If we focus on short runs, off-line die-cutting involves handling the material in a converting where many times the final product is not made, but it is necessary to pass the die-cut coil through the slitter.
Advantages in the application:
- With an offset printer, you can print any material, whether itâ€™s paper or plastic, without the need to apply a primer beforehand.
- The inks do not require further treatment to be coated with a foil, lamination or reprinting. Its anchorage is superior to that of other technologies.
Zonten Multiprint ZTJ 330/520
Our ZTJ 330/520 Semi-rotary Offset Equipment is a high-tech label printer. This printing machine is manufactured with the latest technological innovations in the market. In addition, it has a robust design. It’s easy to operate because it records data from the desk directly to the mobile, thanks to its touch screen. Find out more about this machine on Zonten Europeâ€™s website. If you wish to receive more information, please contact our sales team.